A full PDF version of this CV is available here.
- Ph.D., Sociology, New York University
Dissertation: “No Sanctuary: The Making of Mass Deportation and the Unmaking of the Sanctuary City, 1980-2020”
Committee: Steven Lukes (chair), Gianpaolo Baiocchi, Jeff Goodwin, Ruth Milkman, Monica Varsanyi
- 2007 B.A., Government, Harvard College, Magna cum Laude with High Honors in Government
Urban social movements; inequality, immigration; policing and prisons; the far right; the far left; race, class, and gender; ethnography; visual sociology; social theory; qualitative methodology.
- Gould-Wartofsky, Michael A. 2015. The Occupiers: The Making of the 99 Percent Movement. New York, NY and Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press.
- Gould-Wartofsky, Michael A. and Carol C. Gould, eds. 2023. Historical Epistemology: Collected Works by Marx Wartofsky. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press (forthcoming).
PAPERS UNDER REVIEW
- “From Broken Windows to Broken Doors: Policing the ‘Sanctuary City’ and the Anti-Sanctuary Suburb in Greater New York City and Los Angeles, 2002-2020” (Under review).
- 2013: A Tale of Two Sandys (co-author). White Paper released by the Superstorm Sandy Research Lab at New York University’s Institute for Public Knowledge
- 2011: “Occupy Wall Street Goes Home.” Possible Futures. Ed. Jonathan van Antwerpen. New York, NY: Social Science Research Council.